11.19.2007

Up, up, and away, fat chance

So after a note on air transport congestion yesterday and some conversation about it at dinner last night I checked this morning, on a whim, the departure board at O'Hare. It listed 28 departures at 8:00AM, with another 13 within five minutes after 8:00. I've spent a lot of time at O'Hare over the years and I know they're pretty good at what they do, but no way are they going to get 41 flights off the ground in five minutes - especially when they have 26 flights scheduled to arrive within the same span of time.

So pack a few good books on your iPod, Bunky, it's gonna be a while.

1 comment:

SPIIDERWEB™ said...

I did a quick search of O'hare runways. It appears they have 5, but 4 cross each other and one is too close to be used exclusively.

Now, add to that the fact every airport I've ever been in, and its been many, gives priority to incoming traffic: I'd say ya better pack a couple meals at least.

For some reason "Its a Small World" comes to mind.