5.31.2016

The word, "creepy," does come to mind

Apple's Echo rival could see you with built-in camera

I am never going to have (or need) an Internet-controlled light switch, and since I keep Siri always within reach (hmmm) there's not much need for any of the other functions of devices like Amazon’s Echo or Google Home either. Still, this kind of thing could rapidly get out of hand. Or has.

I think I read somewhere there are some 30 million surveillance cameras in the U.S., one for every ten people more or less. I’m relying on memory here, but whatever the number is it’s sure to grow, quickly and a lot. The cameras aren’t all government operated; many are par oft home or business security systems. Most are potentially accessible to governments (note the plural) however, or hackers. 

Get used to it. Or find yourself a cave.

No comments: