4.14.2014

Fortunately not often…

…but once in a while, very once, I do something so spectacularly boneheaded on my computer that it takes me the rest of the day to put things back together, plus a restless night of waking up every 12.7 minutes thinking of yet another thing to check, verify, or tweak. Yesterday was such a day, just after noon. If I could have a USB port installed in my head I could fix these things pretty quickly (it’s all up there), but in reality I have to recover manually which, in this case, meant restoring from a backup and losing about five hours in the process. And they had been pretty busy hours. So a lot of stuff had to be redone. Even now, some 23 hours later, I’m sure there are still a few potholes to be encountered, no doubt at exquisitely inconvenient moments.

But at least I’m now good to go for a nap.

No comments: