7.14.2009

It's happening

Sure, I knew it would, but still. I'm turning back into a night person. After all those years of getting up at 6:30 every morning, seven days a week, every week, rain or shine, so regularly that at the end I didn't even need a clock to do it, now it's all I can do to get my act together by noon.

My schedule this summer has me having to leave for work before noon only three times a month. And today is the second time. I'm already wishing for a good morning's sleep.

Actually, this time of year, it's kind of nice being a night person. The weather we've been having isn't brutally hot to begin with (it's New England, after all), but still it's warm and things cool off in the evening and stay cool enough for good sleeping well into the morning every day. It might be a little less congenial in the cold and dark of winter. The way things have been going, I guess I'll find out.

No comments: