2.06.2008

I'll take a pass on the richness and complexity, thank you

The "richness and complexity of voting in America" is what the NYTimes says it's documenting in its Polling Place Photo Project, billed elsewise as a national experiment in citizen journalism involving lots of jolly photographs of polling places around the country. I wish I'd known about it; I might have taken a few jolly photographs myself.

Not so much is the project about actually counting the votes, as in these pix of unattended voting machines in Princeton, NJ, posted by the blog, Freedom to Tinker or the videos of primary vote counting in New Hampshire from Black Box Voting noted earlier here. All of which is pretty rich and complex too. Just mentioning.

I'd just as soon skip the richness and complexity and get a little accuracy, if you don't mind.

No comments: