The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is investigating a Texas laboratory's finding of acetaminophen in dog and cat food, an agency spokesman said Monday.Still it might be a good idea to trade in your little cat for a big dog.
The highest level of acetaminophen found by the Texas lab -- 2 milligrams per gram of dog food -- is a large amount, Rumbeiha said. That is eight times what a 10-pound cat could safely consume, he said.And don't feed it every day.
However, a 20-pound dog would have to eat more than 6.5 pounds of food in 24 hours to be poisoned, unless it ate the same contaminated food daily, Rumbeiha said.
You, however, Bunky, can eat whatever you want to - someone your size, that is.
Link: Texas lab finds pain medicine in pet food - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review