"This rare phenomenon is a public health issue, and education is necessary to highlight the risk of using mobile phones outdoors during stormy weather to prevent future fatal consequences from lighting strike injuries," said Swinda Esprit, a doctor at Northwick Park Hospital in England.
Which would make it a consumer story too. I guess. If it were a story at all. Which, as far as I can see, it's not. Because any metal object in contact with the body increases the probability of internal injury and death by lightning strike.
Which means you should take off your tinfoil hat too.